Recipe by Shadieeie
A quick one pot meal that everyone will love.
Top Review by magpie diner
My family really did like this, and they aren't always fond of steering away from traditional italian spaghetti. It was a breeze to cook, which was perfect for the busy day I had. I made a vegetarian version at same time using Yves ground round. Worked out really well. Added some corn and served grated cheddar on the side. Thanks for a real kid pleaser!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- garlic (I use 2 cloves)
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti (broke in half)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
taco seasoning (or use 1 package purchased)
- 2 teaspoons minced onions
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant minced garlic (I used powder)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef, onion, green pepper and garlic. Drain fat.
- Add 4 cups of water and tomato sauce.
- Add crushed red pepper and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- Add uncooked spaghetti stir and cover.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes or until spaghetti is cooked.
- I also add onion powder, garlic powder to the ground beef , that's optional though. And I add cilantro to the sauce, optional also.