Recipe by vegan mom
I have served this to meat eaters and vegetarians and all have loved it. This is one of my go to meals. If I'm short on time and the family is hungry I can have this on the table in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 12 ounces soy crumbles
- 3 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 7 ounces spaghetti noodles, broken into thirds
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional) or shredded vegan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large sauce pan, saute the onion, bell pepper and the soy crumbles until the onion is translucent.
- Add the water, tomato sauce, taco seasoning, and spaghetti. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20-25 minutes, stirring often.
- If you use the cheese, sprinkle it on at the end and recover just until it melts. I never use the cheese and it still tastes great.