Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1⁄2 cup mixed green and pitted black olives
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro
- 1 cup plum tomato sauce
- 5 crushed garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup corn (optional)
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Sauté crushed garlic cloves in olive oil. Add in onions for 1 minute.
- Add in olives, peppers sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, white wine-- simmer for 3 minutes.
- Toss in fresh made spaghetti. Sprinkle with parmigian and add salt, pepper to taste.
- Place the pasta and sauce in plate, sprinkle with cilantro. Serves one.
I go to this restaurant all the time (Viva Loco), so when i saw the recipe on recipezaar I was so excited! And much to my surprise, it came out fantastic!!! It was so easy and really tasted like something special!
A nice change from regular spaghetti! I used spaghetti sauce in place of the plum tomato sauce. I really enjoyed the different flavors, black and green olives. I chose to leave out the corn. Thanks Mimi! This was refreshing! :)