1/5 Photos of Mexican Spaghetti
2 hrs 20 mins
This is a tasty alternative to regular spaghetti. I love that it's very light and can be made lighter by using ground turkey. I also like using red bell pepper along with the green. Also, it's great over any kind of pasta you want. I've used corkscrew and elbows before!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (or more)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 ounces spaghetti (or any pasta)
- 1Brown beef with onion, bell peppers and garlic. Drain.
- 2Add remaining ingredients (except spaghetti).
- 3Cover and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 4Serve over cooked and drained spaghetti.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (639 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 763.3
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 1666.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.6 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 42.5 g