Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe shared at allrecipes by Ms. Baker.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chili peppers
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- In a large pot, bring the rice and chicken broth to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish.
- In the pot with the cooked rice, mix the sour cream, green chile peppers, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, corn, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish, and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.