Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great recipe that I make often. Courtesy of Ms. Sarah Whitley and From The Heart Cookbook. I have made this often. Very good on a nice crisp day! We like to serve this with a pan of corn bread.
- 1 lb ground turkey, browned and drained
- 2 onions, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can yellow hominy
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together. After everything is mixed, decide on how much water to add for your taste and desired consistency.
- Let simmer over medium-low heat approximately 30 minutes.
- This can be made in the crockpot as well, letting simmer on low for 4-5 hours. This recipe doubles easily. I also drain the hominy and corn to help reduce the sodium.
I did not have kidney beans so I used Pinto beans and that worked out well. I put in about 4 1/2 cups of water.
One of the best and easiest recipes I have made in a long time. I used some chicken broth along with the water and it made it really rich. I will definitely make this again. Everyone in my family loved it....