Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
a very healthy and hearty bean soup which I make in several ways but it takes a while to cook. I got it from the oprah website
- 4 cups water (I also use chicken stock)
- 8 tomatillos
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 onions, chunked
- 4 chicken breasts
- 5 chili peppers
- 1 (8 ounce) can black beans
- Boil all of the ingredients in a large pot until everything is soft.
- Remove chicken and set on a plate.
- Dump everything else in a blender and puree.
- Add liquid back to pot, cut chicken into large chunks and throw back in pot (I like this shredded.)
- Boil for about 10 minutes. Add one can of rinsed and drained black beans.
- It should be like soup when you're done.