Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a great weekday meal that my whole family enjoys
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small green pepper, chopper
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (26 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- Brown ground beef with garlic, onion and pepper.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to boil and turn down heat, simmer covered until rice is tender. (20 -25 minutes).
- Serve with grated cheese to garnish.