Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Came from a stash of cut out recipes from everywhere...I'm sure you know what I mean. I no longer know what magazine it was in, but it's still great. This freezes well too.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2.5 (15 ounce) cans water, about 4 3/4 cups
- 1.5 (1 1/3 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix, if you want it spicier use 2 pkgs
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 8 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, about 1/2 cup
- In a dutch oven or 12" skillet, brown ground meat. Add salt, tomato sauce, water, taco mix & onion.
- Bring to a boil, add spaghetti.
- Simmer covered for 25 to 30 minutes or until spaghetti is tender, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle with cheese & serve. (Note: I usually let everyone sprinkle their own cheese. This way everyone gets some cheese.).
This is absolutely one of our favorites. I use 1.5 lbs beef, a small onion, a 15 oz can plus an 8 oz can of tomato sauce, 12 oz spaghetti and 7 cups of water. Make in a large electric skillet. Good on first night, better the next day. Other than adding fresh onion vs dehydated, everything is perfect. We also use extra cheese for our liking.
Good! Super fast and easy, and everyone liked it. Perfect for a busy weeknight meal. I used 6 T Penzeys taco seasoning, but you could always mix your own. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Great recipe base. I doctored it some-I added cumin, chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, and diced fresh jalapenos. Thank you!