I just got tired of the same old taco stuff and came up with this.
Make and share this Mexican Skillet Ole' recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground chicken or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄4 chopped onion
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder (can add more or less depending on how hot you want it)
- 1 cup cooked macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Brown meat, onion, and chilies; drain.
- Add remaining ingredients, except sour cream.
- Bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream, then sprinkle with cheese.
- If desired, serve with tortilla chips and your favorite taco toppings.