Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Nice hearty breakfast that has a lot of flavor to wake you up! Great as a brunch recipe too!
- 1⁄2 lb cooked chorizo sausage or 1⁄2 lb smoked sausage, halved lengthwise, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (7 5/8 ounce) box Spanish rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup chunky salsa
- 4 eggs
- pepper (optional)
- 10 1⁄2 ounces flour tortillas (6 inch, heated) (optional)
- In a 10 inch non-stick skillet, heat sausage over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sausage begins to brown. Stir in rice, contents of seasoning packet, water and salsa. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 20 minutes.
- Break 1 egg onto each quarter of rice mixture (the egg will sink into the rice). Cover; cook 7-9 minutes or until eggs are set and rice is tender. Sprinkle with pepper. Serve with warm tortillas.
This easy-to-prepare recipe was cut in half for 2 of us & made with a mild, thick salsa, while leaving out the pepper! A VERY TASTY BREAKFAST, & a nice change for us! Thanks for sharing a keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed as a PRESSIE in the Aus/NZ 12 Days of Christmas Recipe Swap]