Recipe by Elizabeth Fullerton
Another winning entry from the Martha White Bake-Off.Created by Jane W. Flowers of Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Top Review by fab.butcher
I altered this recipe a bit, but we still loved it. I used flour tortillas instead of chips, mozarella instead of monterey jack and omitted the green chilis and served with green chili salsa on top. I also cooked the cornbread separately. It turned out great! Thanks for the great starting point.
- 2 cups tortilla chips, slightly broken
- 4 ounces shredded hot monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2 (6 ounce) packages Martha White yellow cornbread mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Grease 10 1/2-inch cast iron or oven-proof skillet.
- Sprinkle tortilla chips evenly in bottom of skillet.
- Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
- In medium bowl, combine chicken, sour cream, onion, soup and chilies; mix well.
- Spoon chicken mixture evenly over cheese.
- In another medium bowl, combine cornbread mix and milk; stir until smooth.
- Stir in cheddar cheese.
- Spoon over chicken mixture; spread evenly.
- Bake at 400°F for 28 to 38 minutes or until golden brown.