Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Skillet cabbage with tomatoes.
Make and share this Mexican Skillet Cabbage recipe from Food.com.
- Fry bacon in a large skillet.
- When bacon is crisp remove from pan, crumble, and set aside.
- Add garlic to skillet and sauté for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add cabbage to the skillet and stir to coat in bacon drippings and garlic.
- Add Rotel, reserved crumbled bacon, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Simmer over low to med heat until cabbage is soft, about 20-30 minutes.
Great salad! We like the way it was spicy also. Made with Ranch chicken thighs. Thanks!
I thought this recipe was great, my family thought it was too spicy. Good thing I do the ratings :}. I cut the recipe in half, but still used two cloves of garlic. From the reviews I knew it would be spicy so I served it with a plain poached chicken breast with colby jack cheese on top.