Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a quick and delicious dish
Make and share this Mexican Skillet recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (partially drained)
- 1 (14 ounce) can pinto beans
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced chilies (optional)
- Brown ground beef, onion, green pepper and garlic. Season with the chili powder, garlic and salt/pepper (optional:cayenne pepper).
- Add diced tomatoes and pinto beans (optional: diced chiles). Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in cooked rice.
- Serve and enjoy.
I am eating it right now! Love the taste, but thought it could use a little more salt and i also added 1 Tbls of beef oxo when browning my meat. I was sad I didn't have any Pinto beans but definetely added the diced chilies and cayene pepper. Nummy! Thank You for this QUICK meal....