1/2 Photos of Mexican - Sizzling Steak Tacos
Baby Kato's Note:
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT8 - Mexico, Courtesy of Mission Foods. To serve, have diners assemble their own tacos at the table.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 corn tortillas
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bell peppers, green, sweet, bell, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb skirt steak (or Flank Steak)
- 1 -2 jalapeno, small, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups corn, cooked
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, sea
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, black ground, fresh
- 1Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add the bell pepper and onion and saute until tender, about 5 minutes, then transfer the sauted vegetables to a small bowl.
- 3Add the steak to the same skillet and cook until no longer pink, about 2 minutes.
- 4Next add the jalapeño, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper to taste and transfer the meat to a heated bowl.
- 5In a medium sized bowl combine the corn, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, vinegar, and oil, set aside until needed.
- 6Warm the tortillas over a gas flame or electric burner until they begin to color, then transfer to a napkin-lined basket.
- 7Put everything on the table and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican - Sizzling Steak Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 595.4
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 432.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 31.2 g