Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT8 - Mexico, Courtesy of Mission Foods. To serve, have diners assemble their own tacos at the table.
- 8 corn tortillas
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bell peppers, green, sweet, bell, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb skirt steak (or Flank Steak)
- 1 -2 jalapeno, small, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn, cooked
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, sea
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, black ground, fresh
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the bell pepper and onion and saute until tender, about 5 minutes, then transfer the sauted vegetables to a small bowl.
- Add the steak to the same skillet and cook until no longer pink, about 2 minutes.
- Next add the jalapeño, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper to taste and transfer the meat to a heated bowl.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the corn, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, vinegar, and oil, set aside until needed.
- Warm the tortillas over a gas flame or electric burner until they begin to color, then transfer to a napkin-lined basket.
- Put everything on the table and enjoy!
This is a yummy recipe!! The three parts are great by themselves and delicious when added together.The only change we made was the steak. We used top sirloin. This was thoroughly enjoyed by everyone. Great recipe, Ger!! Made for Zaar Stars.
OH YUM! This is a terrific recipe and you can use the different parts of it for other recipes. The avocado, tomato and corn mixture is great and if you diced the veggies really small, would be great for a dip for tortilla chips, with a bit of seasoning. The steak spice is very good and would be good with chicken and fish. It was the peppers that were the perfect touch with everything else! So good! I also added some queso fresco cheese, replaced the cilantro with parsley and used flour tortillas. Made for Went To The Market tag game. Thanks Baby Kato! :)