Recipe by TJW
Not your run of the mill ketchup shrimp cocktail, but it is fabulous. This is reminiscent more of the authentic cocktails you would receive in Mexico at a snack bar. This is best if marinated for a couple of hours before serving. Some add tomatos as well, but I don’t. Serve it with chips. Cooking time includes the marinade time
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 2 serranos, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, roughly chopped (you can use basil, I do)
- 1 avocado, sliced into small cubes
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the shrimps well and let drain (they should be thawed). I use shrimps in brine because I find them less rubbery, but it works with frozen ones too.
- Add the lime juice, chiles, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Cover tightly and put in refrigerator for two or three hours to let the flavors seep into the shrimp.
- Just before serving, chop the avocado, add to the mixture, stir. Adjust seasonings for salt and pepper.
- Garnish with tortilla chips and serve immediately.