4 hrs 30 mins
From Better Homes and Gardens. Cooking time is marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact.
- 2Cook shrimp in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water for 1 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pimk. DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- 3Drain, rinse under cold running water and place cooked shrimp in a large bowl.
- 4In a medium bowl combine ketchup, lime juice, and hot sauce.
- 5Stir in tomato, onion and cilantro.
- 6Pour tomato mixture over shrim; toss to coat.
- 7Cover and refrigerate for 2 - 4 hours.
- 8Just before serving, add avocados; toss to coat.
- 9Serve in cocktail glasses. If desired, garnish with lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.1
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 86.4 mg
- Sodium 187.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 12.8 g