From Taste of Home's Cooking for 2, Fall 2005.
Make and share this Mexican Shrimp Bisque recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- fresh cilantro (for garnish) (optional)
- cubed avocado (for garnish) (optional)
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Stir in flour until blended.
- Stir in the water, cream, chili powder, bouillon, cumin, and coriander; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut shrimp into bite sized pieces; add to soup.
- Simmer 5 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- Gradually stir 1/2 cup hot soup into sour cream; return all to pan, stirring constantly.
- Heat through (do not boil).
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and cubed avocado, if desired.