1/4 Photos of Mexican Shrimp Bisque
Shelby Jo's Note:
From Taste of Home's Cooking for 2, Fall 2005.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- fresh cilantro (for garnish) (optional)
- cubed avocado (for garnish) (optional)
- 1In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- 2Stir in flour until blended.
- 3Stir in the water, cream, chili powder, bouillon, cumin, and coriander; bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5Cut shrimp into bite sized pieces; add to soup.
- 6Simmer 5 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- 7Gradually stir 1/2 cup hot soup into sour cream; return all to pan, stirring constantly.
- 8Heat through (do not boil).
- 9Garnish with fresh cilantro and cubed avocado, if desired.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Shrimp Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (869 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.4
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 169.9 mg
- Sodium 841.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 13.2 g