Recipe by Mexi-Rosie
A tasty everyday Mexican meal. Excerpted from a Mexican cookbook,whose title, translated, would be "Easy and Economical Recipes".
- 3 lbs cooked and shredded pork, flank
- 3 previously parboiled tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 15 blanched almonds, finely chopped
- 1 plantain, diced
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄2 instant chicken broth (bouillon)
- enough cooking oil, for stir-frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Process the tomato, onion, garlic and parsely in blender.
- Pour this into a frying pan in whcih you've heated enough cooking oil for the stir-fry.
- Let this liquid come to a first boil.
- Add the shredded pork and simmer for a few minutes, until meat is seasoned.
- Add the almonds, plantains, raisins and finally the powdered chicken consomme.
- Continue simmering until most of the liquid has evaporated.