Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
I have absolutely no idea where this recipe came from. But I've been using it for a long, long time to make shredded beef for tacos or nachos. I've also used the spice and water mixture to make shredded chicken breasts. This recipe is very, very flexible and amounts can easily be doubled or tripled if needed.
- 1 lb beef stew meat, trimmed of all fat
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 dash pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer about 2 hours or until beef is tender.
- Uncover and boil for 15 minutes until water has almost totally evaporated.
- Remove from heat and shred using 2 forks.