Recipe by AQueen
A favorite around our house! A versatile use for inexpensive cuts of beef. We throw this in the crockpot in the morning and by dinner time we have flavorful shredded beef for tostadas, burritos or tacos.
Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
Life has been full of chaos lately, so my crock pot has been seeing a great deal of use. We live in a very rural area, so the only place within 2 hours to get Mexican food (other then from my kitchen) is Taco Bell, and in my book, that doesn't count. I followed your recipe exactly except I added more salsa. The recipe gave us a good starting point however; I thought it could use more seasoning. I will be making this again, but will play with seasonings from my pantry. Made and reviewed for Spring PAC 2012.
Directions See How It's Made
- Place roast in the crock pot.
- Cover meat with other ingredients.
- Put lid on the crockpot. Set to low and cook for 8 hours.
- Prior to serving - shred meat using two forks.
- We often serve it with beans, tortillas, cheese, sour cream and salsa. But it is great in a salad, on nachos, in a roll with bbq sauce or let your imagination be your guide.