Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A favorite around our house! A versatile use for inexpensive cuts of beef. We throw this in the crockpot in the morning and by dinner time we have flavorful shredded beef for tostadas, burritos or tacos.
- Place roast in the crock pot.
- Cover meat with other ingredients.
- Put lid on the crockpot. Set to low and cook for 8 hours.
- Prior to serving - shred meat using two forks.
- We often serve it with beans, tortillas, cheese, sour cream and salsa. But it is great in a salad, on nachos, in a roll with bbq sauce or let your imagination be your guide.
Life has been full of chaos lately, so my crock pot has been seeing a great deal of use. We live in a very rural area, so the only place within 2 hours to get Mexican food (other then from my kitchen) is Taco Bell, and in my book, that doesn't count. I followed your recipe exactly except I added more salsa. The recipe gave us a good starting point however; I thought it could use more seasoning. I will be making this again, but will play with seasonings from my pantry. Made and reviewed for Spring PAC 2012.