Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A twist on an old favorite from south of the border!! Adapted from a Quorn product recipe.
- 12 ounces vegetarian ground beef
- 14 1⁄2 ounces Mexican-style corn, drained
- 30 ounces salsa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese, Shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, Chopped (optional)
- 8 1⁄2 ounces corn muffin mix
- Peheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine crumbles, corn, salsa, spices, sour cream and cheese in a large bowl, mixing thoroughly.
- Pour mixture in a greased 2 1/2 qt casserole dish.
- Prepare corm muffin mixture according to directions on the box. Do not bake. Mixture will be lumpy.
- Evenly drop prepared corn muffin mix by tablespoons over crumble mixture.
- For a more elegant effect you can try piping corn muffin mixture using pastry bag.
- Sprinkle paprika and chopped cilantro over entire mixture.
- Bake 35 - 40 minutes or until corn muffins are golden brown and casserole is heated completely.
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly before serving.
Quick and tasty - love the cinnamon/chili powder combo and how fast this was in the oven! My jar of salsa was only 12 ounces so I reduced the amount of Boca Meatless Ground Burger to 8 ounces. The cornbread on top is so good. A great "any night" vegetarian dinner.
This was really good, it was very quick to assemble. It did turn out a little watery for some reason so next time I will try halving the salsa. Thanks for the recipe.