1/1 Photo of Mexican Shepherd's Pie
A twist on an old favorite from south of the border!! Adapted from a Quorn product recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces vegetarian ground beef
- 14 1/2 ounces Mexican-style corn, drained
- 30 ounces salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese, Shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, Chopped (optional)
- 8 1/2 ounces corn muffin mix
- 1Peheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Combine crumbles, corn, salsa, spices, sour cream and cheese in a large bowl, mixing thoroughly.
- 3Pour mixture in a greased 2 1/2 qt casserole dish.
- 4Prepare corm muffin mixture according to directions on the box. Do not bake. Mixture will be lumpy.
- 5Evenly drop prepared corn muffin mix by tablespoons over crumble mixture.
- 6For a more elegant effect you can try piping corn muffin mixture using pastry bag.
- 7Sprinkle paprika and chopped cilantro over entire mixture.
- 8Bake 35 - 40 minutes or until corn muffins are golden brown and casserole is heated completely.
- 9Remove from oven, let cool slightly before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 526.2
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 41.4 mg
- Sodium 2185.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 22.4 g