My 6 year old daughter says this is the best thing she's tasted in her whole life ! That's high praise from a normally fussy child, so this recipe is definitely a do-over.
- Brown and drain ground beef.
- Add taco seasoning to taste [we prefer a less spicy mix, so I only use half the envelope].
- Add corn.
- Meanwhile, boil potatoes until tender, then mash.
- If you like, you can add butter and milk.
- Spread about one third of the potatoes in a round 2 quart casserole dish.
- Top with the ground beef mixture, then the cheese. Finish with the remaining potatoes.
- To use right away, bake at 350 about 30 minutes.
- To freeze, cover and freeze until solid. Lift out of casserole dish and wrap in foil. Place in zipper bag, label with name and date. Use within 3 months.
- To reheat, unwrap and place in original dish, defrost completely. Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes.