1/6 Photos of Mexican Shepherd's Pie
Terri Newell's Note:
My 6 year old daughter says this is the best thing she's tasted in her whole life ! That's high praise from a normally fussy child, so this recipe is definitely a do-over.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown and drain ground beef.
- 2Add taco seasoning to taste [we prefer a less spicy mix, so I only use half the envelope].
- 3Add corn.
- 4Meanwhile, boil potatoes until tender, then mash.
- 5If you like, you can add butter and milk.
- 6Spread about one third of the potatoes in a round 2 quart casserole dish.
- 7Top with the ground beef mixture, then the cheese. Finish with the remaining potatoes.
- 8To use right away, bake at 350 about 30 minutes.
- 9To freeze, cover and freeze until solid. Lift out of casserole dish and wrap in foil. Place in zipper bag, label with name and date. Use within 3 months.
- 10To reheat, unwrap and place in original dish, defrost completely. Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (459 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 615.5
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 106.7 mg
- Sodium 1243.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 34.8 g