1/1 Photo of Mexican Seven Layer Salad
Little Bee's Note:
This recipe is great to serve along with Enchiladas or to take to a barbecue or potluck. It can also be made ahead and refrigerated. Cook time is chill time I promise there wont be any left!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head lettuce
- 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 3 carrots, grated
- 1 -2 tomato, diced (depending on size)
- 2 avocados, peeled pitted and diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12 ounce) package tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning (optional)
- 1Chop lettuce and toss in a large bowl with grated cabbage and carrots.
- 2Spread mixture into the bottom of a deep glass salad bowl.
- 3Peel and slice avocado and toss with lemon juice.
- 4This prevents avocado from turning brown.
- 5Evenly cover the lettuce with a layer of tomato, followed by a layer of avocado, a layer of green onion, a layer of beans and a layer of chips.
- 6Pour the dressing over all and sprinkle with the cheese.
- 7Cover and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes before serving.
- 8For a spicier dressing mix taco seasoning with Ranch dressing if desired.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Seven Layer Salad
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.6
- Calories from Fat 413
- Total Fat 45.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 36.4 mg
- Sodium 762.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 12.2 g