Recipe by Little Bee
This recipe is great to serve along with Enchiladas or to take to a barbecue or potluck. It can also be made ahead and refrigerated. Cook time is chill time I promise there wont be any left!
- 1 head lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 3 carrots, grated
- 1 -2 tomatoes, diced (depending on size)
- 2 avocados, peeled pitted and diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12 ounce) package tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle ranch salad dressing
- 1⁄2 packet taco seasoning (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop lettuce and toss in a large bowl with grated cabbage and carrots.
- Spread mixture into the bottom of a deep glass salad bowl.
- Peel and slice avocado and toss with lemon juice.
- This prevents avocado from turning brown.
- Evenly cover the lettuce with a layer of tomato, followed by a layer of avocado, a layer of green onion, a layer of beans and a layer of chips.
- Pour the dressing over all and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes before serving.
- For a spicier dressing mix taco seasoning with Ranch dressing if desired.