Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A longtime party favorite! Great for football gatherings, too.
Make and share this Mexican Seven Layer Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 2 avocados
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can fat-free vegetarian refried beans
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1 large fresh tomato, diced
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- non-fat tortilla chips (I prefer Wow brand)
- Slice avocadoes in half; remove seed; Peel away outer skin and place fruit in bowl.
- Cover fruit with lime juice and mash with fork.
- Season with salt to taste, 1/4 tsp.
- garlic powder, and 1/8 tsp.
- Beat together cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, and the 1 tsp.
- cumin in a mixing bowl; set aside.
- In another small bowl mix together refried beans and the 1 tsp.
- garlic powder (garlic salt o. k.) to taste.
- Spread beans over the bottom of a serving dish or large casserole.
- On top of this spread the guacamole, leaving a small area of beans exposed.
- Place sour cream/cream cheese over guacamole, leaving a small area of guacamole exposed.
- Sprinkle lettuce over sour cream/cream cheese, leaving a small area of that exposed.
- Cover lettuce with sprinklings of first: cheese, then tomatoes, then black olives.
- To garnish, place a few tortilla chips around the perimeter of the dish.
- Keep chilled until time to serve, but do not chill chips.
so very awesome, all of the flavors together just waiting to tease your tongue. excellent party dish!, those that dont like refried beans from a can, there are instand refried beans that come in a bag in most stores. i rather have those than any brand of canned beans there is. Thatsmsteri2yu
This was SO YUMMY!! Everyone at the shower loved it!! The only thing I did different was to use a package of taco mix instead of the salsa and cumin. Great dip and I can't wait to have a reson to make this again!!
This dip was pretty good, except next time I will use ground beef instead of those yucky re-fried beans. Just my opinion, these things are gross!! I took this dip to a swimming BBQ, and the swimmers quite enjoyed it, so there is no accounting for taste. (my daughter included!) But, other than that, pretty yummy, and you can make it go a long way!