Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A longtime party favorite! Great for football gatherings, too.
Make and share this Mexican Seven Layer Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 2 avocados
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can fat-free vegetarian refried beans
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1 large fresh tomato, diced
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- non-fat tortilla chips (I prefer Wow brand)
- Slice avocadoes in half; remove seed; Peel away outer skin and place fruit in bowl.
- Cover fruit with lime juice and mash with fork.
- Season with salt to taste, 1/4 tsp.
- garlic powder, and 1/8 tsp.
- Beat together cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, and the 1 tsp.
- cumin in a mixing bowl; set aside.
- In another small bowl mix together refried beans and the 1 tsp.
- garlic powder (garlic salt o. k.) to taste.
- Spread beans over the bottom of a serving dish or large casserole.
- On top of this spread the guacamole, leaving a small area of beans exposed.
- Place sour cream/cream cheese over guacamole, leaving a small area of guacamole exposed.
- Sprinkle lettuce over sour cream/cream cheese, leaving a small area of that exposed.
- Cover lettuce with sprinklings of first: cheese, then tomatoes, then black olives.
- To garnish, place a few tortilla chips around the perimeter of the dish.
- Keep chilled until time to serve, but do not chill chips.