Recipe by Manami
Sauteed scallops and shrimp are paired with a vibrant sweet-savory salsa, gives this dish s WOW factor! Serve with warms corn or flour tortillas and a good Mexican beer! Bohemia beer is crisp and slightly spicy ($8 per six-pack) Bon Appetit Magazine, June 2009 edition. Havem't accounted for waiting time of 30 minutes to an hour.
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, diced
- 1 large shallot, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded, finely chopped (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped of fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup chopped shallot (about 2 medium)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄3 cup plus 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 lb sea scallops, side muscles removed
- 12 green onions, thinly sliced (white and pale green parts only, about 1 1/2 cups)
- lime slice
Directions See How It's Made
- PREPARATION FOR SALSA:.
- Mix all ingredients in medium bowl.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Cover and chill.
- * DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 hours ahead. Keep chilled.
- SEAFOOD PREPARATION:.
- Whisk first 5 ingredients in small bowl to blend.
- Gradually whisk in 1/3 cup olive oil.
- Season marinade to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place shrimp in large resealable plastic bag.
- Place scallops in another large resealable plastic bag.
- Pour marinade into bags, dividing equally (about 1/2 cup each).
- Seal bags; turn to coat.
- Chill at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Drain shrimp and scallops; pour marinade into small saucepan.
- Bring marinade to boil; set aside.
- Pat scallops dry.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add scallops to skillet and sauté until beginning to brown, about 11/2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to skillet.
- Add shrimp and green onions; sauté until shrimp are almost opaque in center, stirring often, about 3 minutes.
- Return scallops with any accumulated juices to skillet.
- Add boiled marinade.
- Simmer until seafood is just opaque in center and mixture is heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer to large shallow bowl.
- Garnish with lime slices & serve with salsa.
- **Serve with roasted corn on the cob as well as roasted pepper with Italian dressing, the tortillas and the Mexican beer.