Seafood fettucini with a kick! My dad and I created this creamy Mexican seafood fettucini dish trying to recreate a seafood fettucini from a local Mexican restaurant. It started off adding a little of this and a little of that and turned out sensational. A real crown pleaser! Great served alone or with Spanish rice!
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 1 lb shrimp, tails removed (cut in halves)
- 1 lb imitation crabmeat, chopped into small bites
- 2 (1 lb) jarsof ragu classic cheese alfredo sauce
- 1⁄2 cup old el paso sliced jalapeno (chopped)
- 3⁄4 cup jalapeno juice
- 1 cup chopped tomato (equal to one small tomato, seeds removed- save 1/4 cup for topping)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion (split in 1/4 cup portions)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper (about half a green pepper)
- 1 cup chopped white onion (half of a medium sized onion in 1/2 cup portions)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Cook pasta according to box directions, set aside.
- In large skillet, add olive oil, white wine, 1/4 cup green onion and 1/2 cup white onion. Cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Add shrimp and crab. Saute until lightly browned.
- In another large skillet combine both jars of Ragu Alfredo sauce, paprika, Cajun seasoning, white pepper, red pepper, cayenne pepper, 1/2 cup onion, green pepper, 1/2 cup green onion, 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes, jalapeño juice, chopped jalapeños. Simmer 20 minutes. Add 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and continue cooking stirring occasionally for another 10 minutes.
- In large pot combine sauce mixture with sauteed shrimp and crab. Stir well.
- Add cooked pasta. Stir well over low heat adding more Parmesan, seasonings, or spices to taste, as desired.
- Perfect one dish meal, but goes great with any mexi or spanish rice!