Brunch anyone? From Bon Appetit.
Make and share this Mexican Scrambled Eggs recipe from Food.com.
- Stir together salsa, beans, and 3 tablespoons cilantro in medium bowl.
- Season salsa mixture with salt.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter in heavy medium skillet over medium-low heat.
- Whisk eggs, remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro, and 1 tablespoon water in large bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet.
- Add cream cheese pieces.
- Cook until eggs are creamy and softly set, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon eggs into warmed taco shells.
- Top with salsa mixture and serve.
- Makes 2 servings; can be doubled.
We had this for lunch today with a fresh fruit salad....we'll do that again, for this is good! I don't like the flavor of cilantro, so substituted fresh curly parsley and a dash of cumin.
Wonderful! Easy, delicious, and a nice change of pace. Filling too. I reduced to 3 eggs for the two of us and reduced the cream cheese (used reduced fat) accordingly. I kept the rest of the measurements the same. I used leftover homemade salsa. Much enjoyed, thanks for sharing!
These are great. Like others I used corn tortillas. The egg/cream cheese mixture yielded a lot, so I ended up doubling all the other ingredients (except the butter, which I halved) for the "tacos". I had guacamole in the frig, so added that to them too. I also heated the beans. The flavors are all really yummy, though the cream cheese does get lost a little with everything else.