Recipe by Jacqueline in KY
We use to have breakfast at church two days a week and took turns cooking, this was a regular of mine. Serve with refried beans and garlic toast.
Top Review by Bergy
I cut the recipe back to 2 eggs - no problem. Deluxe version of this recipe would be to serve it with some sour cream, avocado, cheese & Salsa - I controlled myself and just added some salsa. It would be delicious with refired beans Mmm Lovely Sunday brunch dish
- 6 tablespoons salad oil
- 4 corn tortillas, cut in thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 small green chili pepper, seeded & chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten with salt until frothy
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat half the oil and saute the tortilla strips.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet and stir-fry the chopped tomato, onion and green chile 30 seconds.
- Put tortilla strips back into the skillet.
- Pour beaten eggs into the skillet over other ingredients and cook, stirring often, until mixture sets.