- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, drained, rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (or more)
- 1 cup cooked macaroni
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown and drain ground chuck.
- Add onion, green pepper, corn, tomatoes and green chilies, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and chili powder; mix well.
- Cook uncovered over medium heat for 15 minutes; stir periodically.
- Add macaroni and cornstarch dissolved in water; stir well.
- Continue cooking and stirring over medium heat until mixture thickens, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 cup.
- Exchanges Per Serving: 3 Lean Meat, 1 1/2 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat.
- Nutrition Facts: Calories 329; Calories from Fat 117; Total Fat 13g; Saturated Fat 5g; Cholesterol 75mg; Sodium 548mg; Carbohydrate 27g; Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 5g; Protein 26g.