Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a good weekend hangover breakfast as well as a great weeknight dinner.
Make and share this Mexican Scramble recipe from Food.com.
- 8 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can refried beans
- 4 ounces chorizo sausages, casing removed
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese (mixture of cheddar and monterey jack is best)
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed per package directions
- 1 cup bottled or fresh salsa
- Combine eggs, water, salt, chili powder and cumin in a medium bowl; whisk until blended and set aside.
- Heat refried beans according to directions on can.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; add chorizo; cook, breaking up sausage into pieces, until it's cooked through, about 10 minutes; pour off all but 1 tablespoon of fat.
- Add eggs to skillet; cook, stirring gently, until almost set, about 4 minutes; sprinkle eggs with cheese; cook 1 minute then remove from heat.
- Serve warm with tortillas, salsa and beans.
Absolutely delicious! I had a single fresh chorizo sausage in the freezer so thawed it out and got two large servings from it (3 eggs each). Didn't measure the spices just added what looked good. The chorizo I had was pretty lean so I ended up having to add a little butter (1 Tbsp) to make up for the lack of fat. Thanks for sharing! P.S. The previous reviewer must have used Spanish smoked chorizo instead of the fresh Mexican chorizo which does indeed crumble after the casing is removed :)
Very tasty breakfast! I used 6 large eggs. The sausage I sliced. Doesn`t crumble. Served with Salsa #1092244.Thanks!