Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Watch this one it's hot but many recipes need a touch of hot. For example some cheese recipes. Recipes too, at a later date will call for Green Salsa do not confuse it with Tomatillo Salsa (also green) Hot sauce is used to garnish or add flavor to different dishes. Should not be kept more than a couple of days in the refrigerator
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf, chopped lightly packed
- 1 (4 ounce) can chilies, diced
- 4 jalapeno chiles, seeded
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Process until almost smooth.
- Let stand at room temperature for 1-2 hours.
I'm a Texas girl and we love Mexican Green Sauce at all our favorite restaurants. This is a GREAT recipe! Finally we can have it at home! It is hot - but that's the point. I love lime so I added a little extra, other than that - we followed the recipe exactly. We will make this recipe often - not is it only good on cheese recipes, but eggs, enchiladas, and all kinds of things. We dipped tortilla chips straight into it and it was wonderful! Thank you for sharing this recipe!