Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I wanted my steak to have a bit of zip so made up this recipe. I did enjoy it! I used Fresh Cut Salsa Fresh Cut Salsa but you may use the Salsa of your choice - It should be fresh salsa though not canned. I made the recipe for 4 steaks but it is very easy to cut it back to one or two steaks - Do not use less than 1 cup of Salsa. The best cheese to use would be an unpasterized Mexican Farmers Cheese, Provencal, Mazzarello, or American Jack. The softer cheeses will be best not cheddar etc.
- Sprinkle the Adobo spice on both sides of the steak and rub it in well, Season with salt & pepper let the steaks rest 1-2 hours.
- Heat a heavy skillet over High heat, if necessary add a light spray of Veggie oil to the pan.
- Fry the steak for apprx 2 minutes each side (depends on the thickness, my steak was just over 1/2" thick).
- Turn heat down to medium.
- Place the cheese slices down the center of the steaks, pour salsa around the steaks, cover and continue cooking until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with plain rice or pasta with the salsa from the steaks poured over top as a sauce.