Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This easy salsa/salad is great with fajitas or on it's own as a salad. This is a recipe I tweaked from one that I found in Sunset Magazine.
- 3⁄4 lb fresh tomatillo
- 3⁄4 lb tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup chopped white onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons chopped fresh jalapeno chiles
- Remove and discard husks from the tomatillos; rinse, chop and put into a bowl.
- Rinse and core the tomatoes, chop and add to tomatillos.
- Add onion, cilantro, lime juice, garlic and jalapeno to tomatillo/tomato mixture.
- Mix gently and add salt to taste.
- Serve with grilled meats, such as fajitas or is good on it's own as a salad.
This was really good and has a great flavor(could be a little hotter for my taste). My 17 yr old son prepared this recipe for his final test in Food Nutrition.
This is an awesomely delicious and easy recipe!! Thanks Jude!!