This easy salsa/salad is great with fajitas or on it's own as a salad. This is a recipe I tweaked from one that I found in Sunset Magazine.
- Remove and discard husks from the tomatillos; rinse, chop and put into a bowl.
- Rinse and core the tomatoes, chop and add to tomatillos.
- Add onion, cilantro, lime juice, garlic and jalapeno to tomatillo/tomato mixture.
- Mix gently and add salt to taste.
- Serve with grilled meats, such as fajitas or is good on it's own as a salad.
This was really good and has a great flavor(could be a little hotter for my taste). My 17 yr old son prepared this recipe for his final test in Food Nutrition.
This is an awesomely delicious and easy recipe!! Thanks Jude!!