Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from my sister about 15yrs ago...my sister doesn't really love to cook & doesn't try a lot of new or 'different' dishes, and follows a recipe to the 'T'..unlike myself.....originally it was made in a crock pot and then baked. But I found the 2 step process to be to time consuming as well as creating more dirty dishes (ugh)...I have changed it up a bit to my familys tastes ....I serve with rice and corn and a nice tossed salad. enjoy :)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken thighs, with skin (about 8 thighs)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa (hot or mild, your choice)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- place chicken thighs in a single layer in a casserole dish and sprinkle chopped onions over top. pour salsa over thighs.
- Cover and cook at 350 for 1 hour or until thighs are fully cooked.
- Uncover, add grated cheese and olives and broil until cheese melts and turns golden brown.
This is soooo easy and soooo delicioso! It will be a mainstay at our house now. All I can say is Yum! Thanks for posting!!!