Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Salsa using popular and traditional ingredients. Add more or less peppers according to your tastes. (Adopted recipe; no changes made.)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons red onions, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- chopped fresh serrano pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 fresh lemon, juice of
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Let stand for 3 hours.
- Excellent with tacos or as a dip for tortilla chips.
I cut the red chili in half and it was still hot enough for us. Good flavoe,very easy to put together. I'll make this again.
Just made this for the first time and I'm impressed! I've made plenty of varieties of salsa before but I've never found one that was so simple yet good! Definitely a keeper!
i made this today and it was so so good! i left out the cilantro because the store was somehow out of it?? but it was still very good without it. I made a double batch, so i'll be eating it for days! thanks!