Recipe by lina_sellstedt
I'm sure there is hundreds of Salsas here already, but this is truly the best one.
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground red chili pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 red capsicums (chopped)
- 2 (400 g) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- I find it easier to prepare all the vegetables first so everything is ready once you start cooking.
- Put onion, garlic vegetable oil in a medium sized pot and fry until onion is softened, add spices (ad more chili if you like it hot, this is a medium hot salsa) .
- Once the spices have been mixed in add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer salsa for 20-30min.
- Pour Salsa in to sterilized hot jars, seal.