Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I'm sure there is hundreds of Salsas here already, but this is truly the best one.
Make and share this Mexican Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground red chili pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 red capsicums (chopped)
- 2 (400 g) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- I find it easier to prepare all the vegetables first so everything is ready once you start cooking.
- Put onion, garlic vegetable oil in a medium sized pot and fry until onion is softened, add spices (ad more chili if you like it hot, this is a medium hot salsa) .
- Once the spices have been mixed in add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer salsa for 20-30min.
- Pour Salsa in to sterilized hot jars, seal.