Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this at the MyFoodDiary.com forums, but originally it comes from SELF magazine. The original salad used radishes, but I substitute green onions instead. Healthy fats in this salad, but I've also reduced the amount of oil in the dressing. Sometimes I eat the leftovers in a tortilla as a sort of veggie or salad wrap.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 177.44 ml tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 177.44 ml jicama, peeled and chopped
- 177.44 ml corn kernel (fresh uncooked preferred, but can substituted frozen or canned)
- 177.44 ml green onion, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 59.14 ml feta cheese, crumbled (reduced fat variety, if desired)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 29.58 ml fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml jalapeno, minced
- 59.14 ml fresh lime juice
- 29.58 ml olive oil (original recipe called for 1/4 cup)
- 29.58 ml honey
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Toss all the salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Drizzle salad dressing over the salad and toss. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Rating the dressing only. (3+ stars) I found this tasty but a tad sweet, I will cut back on the honey next time. I loved the taste of cilantro in this dressing. I will add more cilantro next time.
Thank you I used your recipe for the dressing it was so good! A hit with even our cilantro hating family :P
I threw all the dressing ingredients in a chopper, and it came out perfect. It was absolutely delicious!!