1/1 Photo of Mexican Salad With Honey Lime Dressing
I found this at the MyFoodDiary.com forums, but originally it comes from SELF magazine. The original salad used radishes, but I substitute green onions instead. Healthy fats in this salad, but I've also reduced the amount of oil in the dressing. Sometimes I eat the leftovers in a tortilla as a sort of veggie or salad wrap.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, chopped (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup jicama, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup corn kernel (fresh uncooked preferred, but can substituted frozen or canned)
- 3/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled (reduced fat variety, if desired)
- 1Mix the dressing ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- 2Toss all the salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
- 3Drizzle salad dressing over the salad and toss. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Salad With Honey Lime Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.3
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 8.3 mg
- Sodium 123.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.3 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 12.7 g