I found this at the MyFoodDiary.com forums, but originally it comes from SELF magazine. The original salad used radishes, but I substitute green onions instead. Healthy fats in this salad, but I've also reduced the amount of oil in the dressing. Sometimes I eat the leftovers in a tortilla as a sort of veggie or salad wrap.
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce, chopped (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3⁄4 cup tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup jicama, peeled and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup corn kernel (fresh uncooked preferred, but can substituted frozen or canned)
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled (reduced fat variety, if desired)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (original recipe called for 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Toss all the salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Drizzle salad dressing over the salad and toss. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Rating the dressing only. (3+ stars) I found this tasty but a tad sweet, I will cut back on the honey next time. I loved the taste of cilantro in this dressing. I will add more cilantro next time.
Thank you I used your recipe for the dressing it was so good! A hit with even our cilantro hating family :P
I threw all the dressing ingredients in a chopper, and it came out perfect. It was absolutely delicious!!