Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
This is a delicious recipe from Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook. The crunchy tortilla cups soak up the yummy dressing and become a treat on their own. To make the tortilla cups use my Tortilla Bowls The Weight Watchers cookbook calculates the calories to be 307. Zaars calculation is lower which would make the points value lower as well. I think the cooking spray might be counted in the calorie count by WW.
Top Review by awalde
This was excellent, easy and light!
I followed you instrucion for the tortilla shells (microwave method), used chicken, red bell peppers (instead of yellow and green) and I "lollo" salad. I didn't peel tomatoes as this is not necessary for us. I'm glad I had fresh cilantro as this combined with limes gives to this dish a fresh and tasty note.
Thanks a lot for you recipe!
- 4 6-inch flour tortillas (6 inch) or 4 corn tortillas (6 inch)
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3⁄4 lb cooked cod, flaked (could substitute other fish) or 3⁄4 lb cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, deveined, minced (wear gloves to prevent irritation)
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 lime wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare tortilla cups as described in this recipe: Recipe #381215 or preheat oven to 350°F.
- Then place 4 ovenproof 4" baking dishes upside-down on baking sheet, spray tortillas with nonstick cooking spray on both sides and drape over baking dishes.
- Spray 4 sheets of foil with nonstick cooking spray and place, sprayed side down, on top of each tortilla, molding the tortilla to dish. Bake until crisp (about 5 min) and allow to cool before removing foil.
- In large bowl, combine the fish or chicken, tomatoes, onion, peppers, cilantro, scallions and jalapeno.
- Place prepared tortilla cups on plates and fill with lettuce and cod mixture.
- In small bowl, whisk lime juice, oil and salt then drizzle over salads.
- Serve with lime wedges.