Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad isn't even vaguely Mexican, but it has always been called "Mexican Salad". It was a favorite at potluck shop parties about 30 years ago, always brought by the wife an engineer coworker, who passed it on to me when he was transferred.
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can ranch style bean, slightly drained
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing
- 1 bag Fritos corn chips, slightly crushed
- 3 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 -2 avocado, coarsely chopped
- Combine all ingredients, and toss immediately before serving.