Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I like to serve this with Chimichangas or enchiladas.
Make and share this Mexican Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced ripe olives (I use black)
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (4 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- Tear lettuce into bite size pieces.
- Combine lettuce, cheese, onions, olives and tomatoes in a salad bowl.
- To make dressing, combine avocado, lemon juice, sour cream, oil, sugar, garlic salt and chili powder and mix until smooth.
- This may be done in a blender.
- Toss salad and dressing and add crushed chips last.
Really good! I also used less oil (scant 1/4 cup)- Had with fish tacos. YUM!
This has GREAT flavor! I used light sour cream and I guess next time need to use regular because when I added the oil, it kept separating which made the dressing not look great. It was, however, delicious. I served it alongside Mexican Casserole which was a perfect fit. Thanks for sharing!