Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Based on a recipe from House of Finland’s cookbook from San Diego, California, Our Best Home Cooking. This is my youngest stepson’s favorite salad. Add cooked chicken and serve with quesadillas for a meal.
- 1 small head lettuce, shredded
- 1 tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can ranch style beans, well drained
- Fritos corn chips, original style corn ships
- Catalina dressing
- hot salsa (optional)
- In a bowl, mix first 4 ingredients together until well tossed and combined.
- Add corn chips avoiding heavy mixing to keep from crushing the chips.
- Toss in Catalina dressing with hot salsa (if using) just before serving or serve it/them separately to taste.
Wonderful...made this for our lunch and for our company and what an easy, quick and tasty salad. I used homemade catalina dressing, added some red onion slivered and followed the rest of the instructions. Thank you for posting. Made for Aussie/NZ Recipe tag game.
What's not to love about this recipe? It makes a great taco salad. I substituted ranch dressing for catalina and we just loved it! Thanks for posting. Made for Aussie recipe swap.
Good salad! Super simple, quick, and tasty. Loved the beans in this too. Thanks mersaydees for sharing. Made for ZWT8 - Mexico/Tex Mex.