Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Based on a recipe from House of Finland’s cookbook from San Diego, California, Our Best Home Cooking. This is my youngest stepson’s favorite salad. Add cooked chicken and serve with quesadillas for a meal.
- 1 small head lettuce, shredded
- 1 tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can ranch style beans, well drained
- Fritos corn chips, original style corn ships
- Catalina dressing
- hot salsa (optional)
- In a bowl, mix first 4 ingredients together until well tossed and combined.
- Add corn chips avoiding heavy mixing to keep from crushing the chips.
- Toss in Catalina dressing with hot salsa (if using) just before serving or serve it/them separately to taste.
This is NOT Mexican food.
Wonderful...made this for our lunch and for our company and what an easy, quick and tasty salad. I used homemade catalina dressing, added some red onion slivered and followed the rest of the instructions. Thank you for posting. Made for Aussie/NZ Recipe tag game.
What's not to love about this recipe? It makes a great taco salad. I substituted ranch dressing for catalina and we just loved it! Thanks for posting. Made for Aussie recipe swap.