Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my absolute favorite Mexican salad... Don't let the mayo scare you away! Almost everyone I've ever served this to loves it. I usually only end up using about 1/2 to 3/4 of the onion and 1/4 to 1/2 of the olives. I use Frito style corn chips, fat free refried beans, and I sometimes add a bit of cheese to the ground beef mixture.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 head lettuce (large)
- 1 onion (medium)
- 1 tomatoes (large)
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can olives
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- salt (to taste) or pepper (to taste)
- corn chips (to taste)
- Brown ground beef.
- Add taco seasoning and refried beans.
- Chop lettuce, tomato, and onion.
- Mix in a bowl with olives, cheese and mayo.
- Add meat and bean mixture and mix to distribute evenly.
- Add corn chips just before serving.