Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Combine all ingredients; store in an airtight container.
- Sprinkle on chicken, ribs, or fish before grilling.
I made this today with only slight changes. I added an extra tsp of salt, a tsp of sugar, and 2 packets of granulated lime. I put it on London broil, wrapped in saran wrap and let it sit in the fridge for about 6 hours. It was great. I can see how it would be equally good on chicken or pork. Thanks for posting!
Used last night on an oven prepared meal in foil. Not extremely hot, but just enough for chicken and veggies. Left a little tingle in the back of the throat. Thnx for posting such a good recipe.
I use it on a boston butt roast that I smoked and made enchiladas out of. Just the right amount of spices that mixed well with the enchilada sauce.