Recipe by lolablitz
This was adapted from a Pillsbury recipe. It's nothing fancy, but filling and fun. I think next time we'll add garlic. Add jalapenos for some kick if you're not serving little ones.
- 2 -3 lbs boneless beef round steak
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed (or canned)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 (20 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) canranchero beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (4 oz)
- 12 large tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Saute onions in olive oil over medium heat in large dutch oven until softened. Remove and reserve onions. Add beef and brown on all sides.
- Add cilantro, corn, beef broth, salsa and beans. Bring to boil.
- Remove dutch oven from heat and place in oven.
- Cook for 3 hours.
- While meat is cooking, cook rice in 3 cups of water for 12 minutes.
- When meat is done, shred and load up tortillas with meat mixture, rice and top with cheese.