Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
My version of one of my Mama's recipes. Hearty, and spicy. You can double the recipe for a large gathering.
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) bag corn chips
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 3- quart casserole dish.
- Crush the corn chips and place in the bottom of the casserole.
- Spread chicken over chips.
- Mix soups, tomatoes, pepper and salt.
- Pour over chicken.
- Evenly spread onion on top.
- Bake 40-45 minutes
- Spread cheese on top.
- Bake 15 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Goes well with Mexican Cornbread.